Click here for a pdf copy of the application form: Grant Application Form 2017
GRANT APPLICATION GUIDELINES
The objectives of the Community Foundation of Portage & District Inc. are:
- To support organizations providing social services in the community;
- To assist and promote the arts and cultural activities;
- To advance education;
- To support and advance the provision of medical services;
- To encourage and support physical fitness and health;
- To support child welfare, youth development and family well-being;
- To support the enhancement of the environment;
- To support and advance other community activities or facilities of a charitable nature.
In order to accomplish these objectives effectively and efficiently, the Foundation has developed a thorough review process for grant applications. The granting guidelines are listed here for organizations to review prior to completing an application form.
- Project must benefit primarily the people of Portage la Prairie and District.
- Grants are made only to non-profit organizations with Revenue Canada Charitable Registration Numbers or other qualified donees under the Income Tax Act.
- Organizations seeking funds must demonstrate a strong and committed board of directors or governing body of the organization, fiscal responsibility and management qualifications.
- Grants are awarded for definite purposes and for projects covering a specific period of time.
- Preference is given to projects which:
- Encourage more efficient use of community resources;
- Expect to test or demonstrate new approaches and techniques in the solution of community problems;
- Address the underlying causes of problems in our society rather than dealing only with symptoms;
- Are developed in consultation with other agencies and planning groups and those which promote coordination, cooperation and sharing among organizations and the elimination of duplicate services;
- Promote volunteer participation and citizen involvement in the community;
- Demonstrate evidence of community support and organization initiative.
- Capital projects will be considered if there is a demonstrated need.
- If partnering with another organization in this application, please include a letter of support from this organization.
- Pilot or demonstration projects must include provision for an evaluation and a realistic plan for financial viability beyond the pilot stage.
- The Foundation encourages the participation of others in funding projects and, on occasion, provides matching funds or challenge grants to stimulate increased response from other sources.
- Project proposals not eligible for funding are those that:
- Support operating expenses of established organizations or programs;
- Go towards operating or capital deficits;
- Go towards annual fund drives for sustaining support;
- Establish or add to endowment funds;
- Fund specific medical or scientific research projects;
- Support religious organizations for direct religious activities;
- Promote political activities or support advocacy initiatives;
- Provide general conference support
- Go towards wages or salaries.
- Expenses incurred prior to receiving approval of grant.
- All applicants will be required to complete a grant application form. A meeting to discuss your application with the Foundation directors or staff may be requested.
- Applicants receiving a grant will be required to complete and submit a Grant Evaluation Report with supporting photos within 90 days of completion of the project.
Application Deadline: April 1, 2017
If you have any questions, please contact the Foundation:
Phone: 204-856-1971 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org