The Community Foundation of Portage and District Inc have six opportunities for students to access funding to help cover their costs to pursue a post secondary education. If you are seeking a career in business, education, medical care or aviation please go to our website to access the specific bursary criteria and application forms.
Criteria for bursaries for business, education, medical care:
- a graduate of a Portage la Prairie district high school.
- currently registered, or accepted, in any year of studies in education, business or medical care
- consistently strong academic performance.
- personal characteristics that exhibit compassion, integrity, service to the community, and leadership.
- financial need
Criteria for Commercial Pilot training bursary:
- The student must be currently registered or accepted in a recognized school of studies in a program providing training that will result in a commercial pilot license.
- Recipient may be but not limited to high school graduates in Central Manitoba. This includes municipalities of Dufferin, Grey, Lakeview, Lorne, Louise, Macdonald, Montcalm, Morris, North Norfolk, Pembina, Portage la Prairie, Rhineland, Roland, South Norfolk, Stanley, St. Frances Xavier, Thompson and Westbourne including all incorporated urban municipalities within this geographic area. Continue reading